No Refined Sugar
I love how versatile this oatmeal recipe can be! You can replace any seasonal fruit we use here and use any sliced nuts you like for this recipe. There are several great prebiotics we included here: oatmeal, flaxseeds, banana, blueberries and strawberries. Not only do those berries have great antioxidants, you can add coco powder, which is also high in antioxidants, for a little chocolate taste. Most importantly, you can make this without any oil and flour.
- 2 cups whole rolled oats
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup of raisons
- 2 TBSP coco powder (optional)
- 1 cup of date paste*
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed, 2 tablespoons of ground chia seeds with 8 tablespoons warm water (mix and set aside for 5 min)
- ¾ cup oak or soy or almond milk
- 1 banana, chopped
- 1 cup of sliced strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line an 8×8-inch (or similar) baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
- In a small bowl, combine all the wet ingredients together including the mixed flaxseed and chia seeds and mix them well.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients together well.
- Layer banana and strawberries in the baking dish and spread the oat mixture on top. Sprinkle with the blueberries and some more almonds sliced and coconut flakes.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the top is crisp and the middle is set. Let it cool for 20 minutes before serving.
*Notes about Date Paste:
Home-Made Date Paste: Soak one cup of pitted dates (any dates are fine) with ½ cup of hot or warm water for 10-15 minutes. Blend the dates with water and it’s ready to us. I usually make more than I need and keep the extra in the refrigerator to use on for any baking or on toast or my regular morning oatmeal. Yum!