Vegan Savory Veggie Pancakes: Full of Prebiotics!
These veggie pancakes are my favorites in all seasons! They can be made a day ahead for next morning breakfast (just toast them in the oven for couple minutes before serving) or made for dinner! They are packed with all kinds of prebiotic-rich root vegetables, like carrots, leeks, sweet potatoes! We even add flaxseeds to the batter for omega3 and fiber!
It’s so easy to replace any of the ingredients in the list and create your own flavor. I love how versatile and easy they are.
My kids love to eat them with ketchup or BBQ sauce. I love the way they are so that I can taste all the vegetables! Hmmm, Yummy!
Serving Size: 12 pancakes
- 2 cups of green cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 small red or yellow onion, finely sliced
- 1 stalk of leek, finely sliced
- 1 cup of Mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1 medium Carrots, finely shredded
- 1 medium potato, finely shredded
- 1 medium sweet potato, finely shredded
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro , finely chopped (Optional)
- 2 stalks of green onion/ scallions (Optional)
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3-5 tbsp ground flaxseed
- ¾ cups of water (can be replaced with non-dairy milk)
*If the batter is too thick, add a little water. This batter is very forgiving so don’t worry about being too watery or too thick.
- Whisk together the flour, ground flaxseed, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add all the vegetables and then seasoning spice into the bowl, mix them together.
- Add water or non-dairy milk to the bowl, mix well.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium-low heat, spray oil or add a TBSP of veggie oil on the pan.
- Using a spoon or hand to make a round pancake and then place them down to the pan.
- Cook for a few minutes until the bottom side is golden brown and slightly crispy.
- Flip each pancake and cook for another few minutes until the other side is golden brown. Add oil if needed.
- Serve hot by themselves or with any dip sauce to your liking (ketchup, thousand island, ranch or BBQ sauce)