For the upcoming holidays, I found few cans of Pumpkin puree left in my pantry from last year! What do we do with them? How about making one of my favorite breakfast, pumpkin banana bread?
This bread is so moist and delicious but without eggs and dairy. I usually add raisins to it but it’s great to add some cranberries, chopped walnut or pumpkin seeds depending on what you like.
This recipe incorporates great prebiotics source like bananas and flaxseeds as well as lots of vitamins from pumpkins.
Healthy and Happy Eating!
Serving Size: 12
- 5 cups of all-purpose flour, or whole wheat flours or ground oatmeal or bread flour
- 2 TBSP ground flaxseeds
- 1 cup of raisins (or chopped walnut, pecans, cranberries)
- 5 teaspoons pumpkin spices (or mix 1 tsp cinnamon and ½ tsp nutmeg)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2-3 medium overripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 can of pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup of non-dairy milk (if you prefer to use oil, avocado oil works the best)
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- Step 1
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line the 9” loaf pan with parchment paper so no oil needed.
- Step 2
Peel and mash bananas, add all the wet ingredients in one large bowl.
- Step 3
Mix in all dry ingredients into the bowl with wet ingredients.
- Step 4
Bake for about 50 min.
Remove from the oven and set it on the cooling rack for at least 20 min before serving.