Very Blueberry Scones
Made with Super Antioxidant & Prebiotic Star: Blueberries
Refined Sugar Free
Who doesn’t like blueberries!! This super antioxidant star not only contains healthy phytonutrients, it also has prebiotic fiber that our tummy loves. We are using one cup of blueberries in this recipe; but feel free to drop few more if you love blueberries like me!
Scones are one of my favorite treats when it comes to “dessert”. There are so many variations you can work with. The plain scones go so well with jam and the flavored ones are so good with coffee or tea. You can put any fruit you like into this recipe, such as raspberries, raisins, nuts or even chocolate chips!
It takes only 25 min to bake and 10 min to put all the ingredients together. Yummy, healthy and easy…my kind of recipe! Let’s get started!
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup of date paste* or date sugar
- 8 tablespoon vegan butter (or solid coconut oil)
- 3 tablespoon soy milk (or almond milk)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Lemon zest from one lemon (optional)
- 1 cup of blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line parchment paper to a large baking sheet pan
- Mix flour, flaxseeds, and baking powder together. Add date paste or date sugar into the mix. Then work vegan butter into the mixture.
- Add soy milk, vanilla extract, and lemon zest into the dough. Then fold in blueberries.
- Lightly floured baking sheet and fold the dough few times before flattened it like pizza shape in 1” thick. Then cut them into 8 servings.
- Bake for 25 min or until the top turns light golden brown.
Home-Made Date Paste: Soak one cup of pitted dates (any dates are fine) with ½ cup of hot or warm water for 10-15 minutes. Blend the dates with water and ready to us. I usually make them more and keep them in the refrigerator to use when baking or on toast or your morning oatmeal, yum!