- No Oil
- No Refined Sugar
- No Sodium
- No Dairy
These muffins are packed with nutritious minerals, vitamins from Zucchini and raisins. The antioxidants and plant-based omega 3 from walnuts are also unbeatable. Most importantly, they are moist and delicious. There are no oil, refined sugar, sodium and dairy! The best muffins to eat without feeling guilty!
Serving Size: 12 muffins
Dry Ingredients (Mix them together):
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup date sugar*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Wet Ingredients (Mix them together):
- 2 tbsp ground flex seeds with 4 tbsp water
- ½ cup non-sweetened apple sauce
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk (I use soy milk)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine Dry and Wet ingredients, fold in the following ingredients.
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (I use 1.5 cups sometimes)
- 1 cup of raisin (My kids love chocolate chips so you can use that too)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Step 1
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 12 muffin paper cups.
- Step 2
Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Step 3
Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20-22 minutes.
Home-Made Date Sugar: Soak 3/4 cup of pitted dates (any dates are fine) with ½ cup of hot or warm water for 10-15 minutes. Blend the dates with water and ready to us. I usually make them more and keep them in the refrigerator to use on any baking or toast or morning oatmeal, yum!